List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Fork of KDE4/Qt3?
From:       Melchior FRANZ <melchior.franz () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-06-08 12:22:18

Not being JRT, but anyway ...

* Anne-Marie Mahfouf -- Sunday 08 June 2008:
> What do you miss from kicker?

autohide  (I know, it's a TODO.)

> What do you miss from the Desktop?

Different background image per virtual desktop. Didn't find any GUI for
that at the moment. (Certainly a TODO.)

> You can run kicker on KDE4 anyway, just remove your default panel and run
> kicker instead!

And pull in a huge library for that? Not an option, really!

There's other stuff missing from KDE4 that keeps me from switching, but
everything seems to be a TODO, so I can only wait patiently or contribute.
(Will be the former, as I have to spend time on another OSS project. :-)

m.