List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: A newbie question about QXEmbed
From:       Robert Wood <robert.wood () apostrophe ! co ! uk>
Date:       2008-06-07 17:40:27

 >> Unless you specifically need mplayer you should probably look into
using Phonon. <<

No, it doesn't have to be mplayer, it just seemed that it was the most
commonly installed player.

 >> While I would recommend against starting a Qt3 based application at
this time, you could look at the code of the KDE3 version of KMPlayer. <<

Yes, I did look at this and - because I am very fairly new to the World
of C++, never mind KDE - I couldn't understand what it was doing! It
looks a lot more complex that my app needs to be. In fact I have
downloaded a few lots of source code that use QXEmbed and I couldn't
fathom what they were doing. A lot of them just seemed to replicate what
was in the qxembed.cpp file.