List:       kde-devel
Subject:    kdebase compile error
From:       "Michael Hoffer" <info () michaelhoffer ! de>
Date:       2008-06-02 21:38:39

Hi there,

my name is Michael Hoffer and I am new to this mailing list. On this
years LinuxTag I was fascinated by the rapid improvements of KDE.

Since I am iterested in writing KDE apps I tried to follow the
"Getting Started" howto on www.techbase.kde.org. Now I have problems
with compiling kdebase. I always get the following error:

Generating xinestream.moc
/home/kde-devel/kde/src/KDE/kdebase/runtime/phonon/xine/videowidget.h:66:
Error: Undefined interface
automoc4: process for
/home/kde-devel/kde/build/KDE/kdebase/runtime/phonon/xine/videowidget.moc
failed: Unknown error

This error message appears several times, not only while "Generating
xinestream.moc".

What does "Undefined interface" actually mean?

Some header files seem to be missing too:

/home/kde-devel/kde/src/KDE/kdebase/runtime/phonon/kcm/globalconfig.cpp:25:35:
Fehler: phonon/platformplugin.h: No such file or directory

I was wondering if I should try to manually install Phonon. But when I
tried to get it via svn I realized that I couldn't find it in the svn.

Does anyone have a suggestion?

Thanks,
miho