List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: libksane
From:       Kåre_Särs <kare.sars () kolumbus ! fi>
Date:       2008-05-21 18:56:43

On Wednesday 21 May 2008 13:12:55 Thomas Gillespie wrote:
> Hi Kåre
>
> Sorry yes, i didn't make myself clear. The getImage function could take
> optional parameters such as resolution, scan area, colour mode, contrast
> etc.... or maybe these could be set by other functions in the class. And
> maybe some functions for previews and getting the device list could be in
> the non- gui code. Then the KSaneWidget would be a *relatively* simple
> widget that just calls the KSane class, but also the KSane class would
> allow developers to access the scanner themselves, without asking for as
> much user input, if the needs are less complicated.
>
> I hope this clarifies things.

There could be a possibility to just not show the KSaneWidget and provide a
function that would trigger the scanning.
I have been thinking about adding a way to save the current options so that
they could be restored the next time the application is run. The idea is that
the option names and values would be returned as strings to the application
and that those strings then could be used to set the values. This could
probably also be used for setting desired values for a widgetless scan.

Now I also want to mention that I don't know in advance what options the sane
backend provides. Some backends have a lot of parameters while others have
few and all the options that appear on the KSaneWidget depend on the backend.

--
Kåre Särs