List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDEBase TRUNK won't build (for me)
From:       James Richard Tyrer <tyrerj () acm ! org>
Date:       2008-05-17 0:08:08

Vlad wrote:
> --- James Richard Tyrer <tyrerj@acm.org> wrote:
>
>> I haven't managed to get KDE TRUNK to build for several days.
>>
>> I find the r807729 breaks Dolphin, but that isn't the only problem.
>>

>> Has anyone built it since 808221?
>>
> Hi,
>
> Try cleaning the build directory, ie:
>
> rm -rf ~/kde/build
>
> But beware that all of KDE (and perhaps Qt) will need to be compiled
> from scratch.

I presume that you succeeded in building it.  Thanks for the info, I
hate to work at trying to get something to build only to find that there
actually in an error.

I maintain a build script for each module.  IAC, I am usually more
conservative in deleting stuff.  I thought that I had deleted the
"dolphin" part of the build directory but I probably only deleted the
CMakeFiles subdirectory.  Deleting the dolphin directory fixed that problem.

Having looked at this more throughly, it appears that the problem is
that MOC files are not being regenerated. :-(  So, I deleted the MOC
files and this appears to have fixed the problem.

--
JRT