List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Correct useage of phonon?
From:       Kevin Krammer <kevin.krammer () gmx ! at>
Date:       2008-05-10 19:26:13

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Saturday 10 May 2008, Michael Thaler wrote:

> would work, but I think it is quite ugly to load the files from disk each
> time they are played. My question is: is it reasonable to have fifteen
> MediaObjects that are initialized in the constructor of the class or are
> MediaObjects to heavywight to do that. If so, is there any other way to
> preload the sound files?

I think this approach sounds reasonable, unless MediaSource keeps a buffer.

My advice would be to ask on kde-games-devel, since the other game developers
probably have already encountered and solved this issues and the issues you
might encounter later on.

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring