List:       kde-devel
Subject:    D-Bus interface to application window
From:       David Jarvie <djarvie () kde ! org>
Date:       2008-05-01 0:42:04

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

What is the D-Bus path and interface to access the Qt methods to control
another app's main window? I'm trying to call showMinimized() on KMail's main
window. This shows up in qdbusviewer under org.kde.kmail, with the following
path/interface/whatever element hierarchy:

org.kde.kmail
->  kmail/
->  ->  kmail_mainwindow_1/
->  ->  ->  com.trolltech.Qt.QWidget
->  ->  ->  ->  Method: showMinimized

I've tried various combinations of path and interface for the org.kde.kmail
service. The most obvious seemed to be

Interface:  com.trolltech.Qt.QWidget

But I get an error message for that and all the others I've tried.

--
David Jarvie.
KAlarm author and maintainer.