List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Error compiling "kdebase/workspace/libs/kworkspace"
From:       "Steven P. Ulrick" <lists-kdedevel () afolkey2 ! net>
Date:       2008-04-30 21:26:35

On Wed, 30 Apr 2008 15:14:35 -0600
"Aaron J. Seigo" <aseigo@kde.org> wrote:

> On Saturday 26 April 2008, Steven P. Ulrick wrote:
> > http://www.afolkey2.net/~steve/05b-kdebase-compile-log.txt
>
> /home/kde-devel/kde/src/KDE/kdebase/workspace/libs/plasma/widgets/meter.cpp:103:
> error: no matching function for call
> to ‘Plasma::Meter::setSizePolicy(QSizePolicy::Policy,
> QSizePolicy::Policy)'
>
> this is defined in QGraphicsLayoutItem:
>
> void setSizePolicy(QSizePolicy::Policy hPolicy, QSizePolicy::Policy
> vPolicy, QSizePolicy::ControlType controlType =
> QSizePolicy::DefaultType);
>
> Plasma::Meter IsA QGraphicsWidget, and QGraphicsWidget IsA
> QGraphicsLayoutITem.
>
> so i'd suggest you are building against the wrong version of Qt.

Hello, Aaron
Or possibly a version of qt-copy that is too old?  The output of "svn
up qt-copy" make me suspect that the version of qt-copy that I had been
building kde against just won't cut it.  Guess I will start updating qt
when I update KDE from trunk.

Thank you,
Steven P. Ulrick

--
 16:23:09 up 15 days, 23:58,  2 users,  load average: 0.23, 0.21, 0.09