All - I'm looking into KDE/X setting to accommodate multiple keyboard/language settings at a system level vs. a user level. I've attempted to get input from Red Hat via Dell & HP but no luck. In a nutshell I'm looking for a way to configure KDE/X to give the user the automatic ability to switch keyboards at a system level. I've played around with the kxkbrc file but couldn't determine how to configure KDE to read this file at the system level vs. having each individual user attempting to configure their keyboard. In addition, it seems like the keyboard setting requires the corresponding language to be set as well, for example, in order to use the Euro symbol I had to set the Language for UK. Does it make sense to have say 5-6 KDE keyboard settings defined automatically for the user and the only thing they would accomplish is set the language prior to login? Can this be avoided by a KDE language setting that can be completed? In addition, how does the language/keyboard settings affect logins from other sources (i.e. ssh, VNC/Exceed)? What are the advantages/drawbacks? Is there a better way to have single configuration that could accommodate multiple regions/countries? Currently using: KDEv3.3 RHASv4.4 with 4.5 kernel I'd appreciate any direction and/or suggestions. Regards, Ashis >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<