List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: plasma compile fails (Re: Error compiling
From:       "Steven P. Ulrick" <lists-kdedevel () afolkey2 ! net>
Date:       2008-04-30 0:28:49

On Tue, 29 Apr 2008 16:29:26 +0200
Sebastian Kuegler <sebas@kde.org> wrote:

> On Sunday 27 April 2008 14:14:32 Steven P. Ulrick wrote:
> > > always re-run make -j 1 when you run into an error during a
> > > parallel build and you cannot find the root cause immediately.
> >
> > After running "make -j 1" in kdebase, I end up with exactly the same
> > error:
> >
> > /home/kde-devel/kde/src/KDE/kdebase/workspace/libs/plasma/widgets/meter.cpp
> >:103: error: no matching function for call to
> > ‘Plasma::Meter::setSizePolicy(QSizePolicy::Policy,
> > QSizePolicy::Policy)' /home/kde-devel/qt-copy/include/QtGui/../../src/gui/graphicsview/qgraphicsl
> >ayoutitem.h:65: note: candidates are: void
> > QGraphicsLayoutItem::setSizePolicy(const QSizePolicy&)
>
> Plasma has had some surgery during the past days. Things should be
> getting back to normal now. svn up and rebuild, the error will
> probably be gone.

Hello Sebastian
I did as you said, and the error was the same.  So I removed the build
directory and tried again.  Admittedly the concept of build directories
is new to me, so I am "assuming" that that should be sufficient if the
error is in SVN, and if it was fixed.  So, we will see in the near
future if removing the build directory helped...

Well, here is a link to what I believe is the relevant error
(translation: starting with a new build directory did not help:
http://www.afolkey2.net/~steve/kdebase-error.txt

I am retrying as I type with a brand new download of kdebase.  We'll
see what happens...

Steven P. Ulrick

--
 18:48:47 up 15 days,  2:23,  1 user,  load average: 1.12, 1.00, 0.70