List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KMenu title patch
From:       Urs Wolfer <uwolfer () kde ! org>
Date:       2008-04-29 21:01:12

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Tuesday 29 April 2008 19:36:59 alessandro diaferia wrote:
> Hi mailinglist, hi Urs, here comes a patch for KMenu title issue.
> I removed the toolButton in place of a plain widget to show title and
> eventually.
> Please, let me know what you think.

I'm not sure if this is the way to go. With this patch, titles do not really
have some special look (except than bold text). Also there is no way to change
the title / icon after it has been set (with a QToolButton::setAction it is).

I see two ways to fix the current issue:

#1: Use some other widget, paint it by our own with some style() call (almost
like your solution, but with some nice look) (probably with
QStyle::CT_HeaderSection?)

#2: Still use the QToolButton, but prevent clicks.

I have already played a bit with both solutions, but got nothing really useful
done yet. Need to investigate more. Probably you want to look into it?

Bye
urs