List:       kde-devel
Subject:    KNumInput::setLabel and ugly dialogs
From:       Holger Freyther <zecke () selfish ! org>
Date:       2008-04-27 10:37:43

Hey,

I toyed a bit with KDE4.0 and was a bit upset by setting dialogs like the one
attached to the screenshot. I looked a bit at the code and I lack ideas how
to fix the root cause.

What these dialogs have in common are:
	- One got some kind of a BoxLayout
	- One adds a couple of KNumInput derived classes into the layout
	- One uses KNumInput::setLabel

As I said above I lack ideas how to fix the KNumInputs so that they align
properly. For kcm_keys I ditched the KNumInput::setLabel, created a label
myself, used QLabel::setBuddy and put everything into a QFormLayout.
Specially the last bit is the important one. By using a QFormLayout we make
sure the label and input area are properly aligned.

Is there anything we can do to KNumInput to fix it? Using a layout, using a
QSpacerIterm? Provide a QLabel* KNumInput::label() and then put that into a
QFormLayout ourselves?

comments
	z.

["knuminput.png" (image/png)]