List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Linkage errors in kdebase with xrender
From:       Allen Winter <winter () kde ! org>
Date:       2008-04-26 13:46:43

On Friday 25 April 2008 17:19:34 Shai Berger wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> This is my first message here. I'm an experienced C++ programmer, have been
> using Debian (sid) and KDE at home for several years now, and finally I'm
> starting to get into KDE development. My main interests are kdepim (as a
> devout user) and BiDi issues (as a Hebrew user).

Thanks Shai,

Committed... but...
we have a problem in dolphin (dolphin/src/ktooltip.cpp) and plasma
(plasma/plasma/plasmaapp.cpp) because both of those unconditionally
assume XRender for any system with X11.

We need the authors of the relevant code to provide #if (HAVE_XRENDER)
conditional compiles to handle the situation where the XRender stuff
isn't available.