On Monday 21 April 2008 18:12:28 Andreas Hartmetz wrote: > > Hey, I use XFS and I don't feel like a tiny minority - it is one of the > better filesystems :) > If you are happy with it, keep using it. But I still think you are in a minority, I know no major distro using it as default. > We should also consider that other programs out there are not so zealous in > > > protecting user data... so if this were a real issue, people would steer > > away > > from the filesystem. > > Right. I use XFS and the frequent "hangs" on disk I/O that I get are a PITA > while using the desktop. I don't care about config files *that* much... > what about a "reliable flag" or something, or even explicit sync? Now, this is interesting. Is the sync a way for KDE to say "do not use XFS"? :) > Another approach is to hold off sync calls for some milliseconds to combine > several calls. Well, the buffers are normally flushed to disk periodically every 5-10 seconds... If a power failure happens at the right time, the files will be corrupt anyway. At some point, we will just have to trust the OS to do the right thing. Luciano >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<