On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 06:40:13PM +0300, Sami Liedes wrote: > On Mon, Apr 21, 2008 at 08:25:47AM -0700, Gary Greene wrote: > > Again you are not taking into account XFS. How many times must we > > iterate over this.... _If you don't have the code check which FS > > this is on and PROPERLY deal with this, you will kill users data._ > > Without a power loss? > or a driver-induced crash, etc. > I don't think so. And data loss on power loss is > expected to happen on any write back caching fs (i.e. not mounted > noasync) on power loss. Care to still iterate once? > the problem with xfs (well, actually, to a lesser degree every file system which has less conservative defaults than ext3) is that it will lose data which was previously safe. you end up with a config file (or whatever else) that is stuffed with zeros. i sure do not expect *that* from a power loss. -- Hi! I'm a .signature virus! Copy me into your ~/.signature, please! -- Confusion, chaos, panic - my work here is done. >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<