Hello, While analyzing KDE applications with a thread checker I noticed that there is a serious problem in Qt3: the implementation of the class QShared in Qt3 is not threadsafe. This can cause spurious and hard to find crashes in KDE applications like Amarok that share Qt-objects over threads. I have contacted Trolltech about this, and Trolltech told me that Qt3 has reached end-of-life and that they won't fix this. Trolltech also told me that the KDE project keeps a collection of patches for Qt3. This leads to the following questions: * How important is Qt3 for the KDE project ? Is there still a significant number of people using Qt3, or will everyone switch to Qt4 shortly ? * If it is considered relevant to fix this kind of issue, where can I find the collection of Qt3 patches and how can I submit Qt3 patches ? Bart. >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<