List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Fwd: Re: KEditListBox in trunk
From:       Christoph Burgmer <chrislb () gmx ! de>
Date:       2008-04-18 12:12:58

Hello list,

I have a question on a feature of a non editable combo box as input for
KEditListBox in kdelibs which I already asked to Sebastian Trueg and Urs
Wolfer as they did the last edits on this class. I know both of them are
involved in other projects and thus both told me they couldn't really help.
Urs pointed me to kde-devel and I would like to ask the same question again.
Though Sebastian had an objection towards the application of the model to my
use case I would still like to ask about the general case.

To make it short: KEditListBox doesn't allow non-editable combo boxes as input
and I believe it's a limitation in the underlying design rather of the whole
model of application.

I'll be happy if there's somebody who could either implement that or tell me,
why it would violate proper design.

Please cc me in answers as I am not subscribed to the list.

Regards, Christoph