List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: How to apply for current Ideas for SoC
From:       Kevin Krammer <kevin.krammer () gmx ! at>
Date:       2008-03-27 19:10:05

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Thursday 27 March 2008, Eligio Becerra Zavala wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I've reading some of the ideas for the SoC, so I decided to KDE in the SoC.
> What I want to know is how to do I make an entry for an Idea that's already
> in the techbase? Or shall I submit one of those ideas so it become a
> project?

The application procedure is independent of the mentor organisation, so the
documentation on Google's SoC pages applies.

The list on techbase is meant as a brainstorming like collection of possible
projects, but students are not restricted to use any of them and non of the
ideas can be "claimed", i.e. anyone can apply for the same project, but of
course only one will be selected.

You don't need to add your idea to the list just to be able to apply for it,
though it is recommended to get feedback by contacting the mailinglist or IRC
channel of the respective subproject to gather feedback.
Since the application period is quite short, you can always apply even when
you did not receive any feedback, just consider it "silent agreement"

Cheers,
Kevin

KDE user support, developer mentoring