List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE 3.5:  KNetwork::KStreamSocket and Konq Proxy Settings
From:       Robert Hogan <lists () roberthogan ! net>
Date:       2008-02-25 17:11:48

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Sunday 24 February 2008 19:41:14 Thiago Macieira wrote:
> Thiago Macieira wrote:
> >Robert Hogan wrote:
> >>Is there anyway to tell a  KNetwork::KStreamSocket to ignore the proxy
> >>settings configured in Konqueror?
> >
> >KStreamSocket is deprecated. Stop using it and use KTcpSocket from now
> > on.
> >
> >You don't control the proxies. The user configures it and you should
> > obey the user's settings. Why do you want to override the setting?

Thanks for taking the time Thiago!

In this particular case I need to have a http conversation with a local router
on 192.168.1.1. The proxy won't route there.

> >What's more, SOCKS proxying currently doesn't work in KDE 4.0. So there
> > is no proxy to override.
>
> Oops, someone pointed out that this was KDE 3.5.
>
> I don't read the Subject. Please include all important information in the
> body :-)
>
> KStreamSocket uses the SOCKS proxy settings. There's only one way to
> override it:
> 	KSocks::disableSocks();
>
> call that before any sockets are created in your program.

My question wasn't complete: it's the http proxy I need to override.
KNetwork::KStreamSocket seems determined to respect it and I can't see
anything in the classes it inherits from to override this determination. Can
you point me in the right direction?