List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Introduction and question
From:       Marco Nelles <marconelles () gmx ! de>
Date:       2008-02-18 20:21:39

Hi kde developers!

I'm new. So first a few things about me:
I'm programming with C++ as one of my favor hobbies for about 10 years.
With seventeen I had switched from Windows/Delphi to Linux/C++. As a KDE
user since 1999 I just falled in love with Qt 4 in the year 2006 and
coming now to KDE development.
Finally I'm really looking forward to help making kde the best desktop ever!

One year ago I started a small Qt4-based open source project called
Audex (http://www.anyaudio.de/audex). So far I'm about to make Audex a
KDE 4 project.

I've tried to use KUrlRequester with KConfig XT. This lines I've entered
in audex.kcfg:

<entry name="basePath" type="Path">
  <label>Base path to store music files</label>
  <default code="true">QDir::homePath()</default>
</entry>

So far so good. Then I've placed a KUrlRequester with the help of
QDesigner on a widget (page in KConfigDialog). The object name of the
KUrlRequester is "kcfg_basePath" of course.
Everything compiles fine. But when changing the path it is not getting
updated in the configuration file. Also the default value
"QDir::homePath()" does not come to my KUrlRequester. When I replace the
KUrlRequester with a QLineEdit everything works fine.

What's going wrong? Doesn't KConfig XT "understand" a KUrlRequester-Widget?

Thanks alot!

Marco

PS: I do hava a working KDE 4 installation from svn. Updating it every
tuesday.