On 18.02.08 19:26:51, Robin Atwood wrote: > On Monday 18 Feb 2008, Andreas Pakulat wrote: > > > > > Yes, there is, I have already tried it. I can create a trivial custom > > > > widget and import the header, but when I try and paint it on a form it > > > > disappears! > > > > I just tested it with the attached files (just drop them in a dir, run > > qmake -project; qmake; make) and it works fine for me. > > Thanks very much for all your help, it is very good of you! I used your header > file to make a new custom widget and then was able to drag it onto a form. I > then changed your header file to mine, keeping the default > name "MyCustomWidget" and then I was able to add my widget to a form. I then > changed the name to something more meaningful and it stopped working again: The name you use inside the "Edit Custom Widgets" dialog in designer needs to be the same as the class name you use. > when I dragged the widget onto a form, it refused to "stick". After messing > around with with different headers and names, I finally got a custom widget > with a sensible name and my code. I also got several segfaults in KDevelop > and my opinion is that the whole process is very flaky but I am up and > running now, so never mind. I suggest to not use the integrated designer in KDevelop3, its got quite a few weak points regarding stability. The standalone qt designer is a lot more stable. Andreas -- You will win success in whatever calling you adopt. >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<