List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE TRUNK & Qt-4.4.x (pre-release in qt-copy)
From:       James Richard Tyrer <tyrerj () acm ! org>
Date:       2008-02-17 20:18:53

Andreas Pakulat wrote:
>> This should be fixed ASAP.  Actually, it should have been fixed before
>> any code dependent on Qt-4.4.x was committed.
>>
>> This is unprofessional quality management.
>
> Looks like somebody made a mistake, good you never make mistakes.

I make plenty of mistakes.  We all make mistakes.  What is important is
to catch the mistakes before they are committed.

Just stating the fact that we need to do better.

Actually, this isn't a mistake but it points out the importance of
attention to detail.  Dependency version tracking is an important detail.

> BTW: the kde-devel IRC channel already mentions the dependecy since 24
> hours.

I don't really think that we should expect that everyone that wants to
build trunk to listen to IRC.

--
JRT