List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kdetoys module coordinator.
From:       Tom Albers <tomalbers () kde ! nl>
Date:       2008-01-28 20:47:40

Op Sunday 27 January 2008 20:35 schreef u:
> Am Sonntag, 27. Januar 2008 11:42:54 schrieb Tom Albers:
> > This brings us to the subject of the kdetoys module coordinator.
> >
> > The release-team is seeking coordinators for each of the modules. kdetoys
> > does not have one yet. What does it mean?  It means to be the first point
> > of contact for the release-team and keeping an eye on the module. In case
> > of kdetoys sort out the current situation.
>
> Hi,
>
> there are currently 8 applications in kdetoys. As far as I know:
> - 3 applications are dead and at least for two of them (kmoon and
> fifteenapplet) there is a new equivalent based on plasma
> - 2 (kweather and kwordclock) looks like unmaintained and have a
> new alternate based on plasma
> - 2 (ktux and amor) looks like unmaintained
>
> When I'm right there is only one maintained application (kteatime). When I'm
> wrong there are maybe two. So maybe there is no reason to keep kdetoys
> anymore.
>
> However, when nobody else with more experience want's to take this module then
> i'd like to do that. But note that I'm a relative new KDE developer. That
> means I don't have much knowledge about coordinating modules.

Hi,

Welcome to the team! You can add your name to the wiki page at:
http://techbase.kde.org/index.php?title=Projects/Release_Team#Coordinator_List

The next step is that you subscrive to the release-team mailinglist at:

And a proposal on that list how to continue with kdetoys would be great. What can go, \
what should stay, etc.

Best,

Toma