List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Build error linking -lgeneral
From:       Andreas Pakulat <apaku () gmx ! de>
Date:       2008-01-28 12:27:53

On 28.01.08 13:13:20, kleag@free.fr wrote:
> Selon Andreas Pakulat <apaku@gmx.de>:

> > > I was wondering the same thing myself.  I would occasionally get this
> > error.
> >
> > I can explain what happens, but not yet why :) This happens if you build
> > kdelibs with a recent build of cmake cvs, for some reason the CMake
> > function export_library_dependencies puts "general" into the
> > KDELibsDependencies.cmake file which is generated during the kdelibs
> > build and is used to fill the KDE4_XXX_LIBS variables.
> OK. I found these "general" strings in this file:
> /opt/kde4/share/apps/cmake/modules/KDELibsDependencies.cmake from the package
> kdelibs4-devel-4.0.0-5mdv2008.0.
> But how was Mandriva able to build all the other kde4 packages, then ?

As far as I understood Brad King from Kitware, this should only happen
if you mix cmake versions, i.e. build kdelibs with cmake cvs and then
try to build other kde modules with cmake 2.4.

So if this is with distro supplied packages, its a distro bug. I
retested this morning and when I make sure I build everything with cmake
cvs _or_ cmake 2.4 the only errors I get are about -lsolid and other
where the corresponding -L<dir> option is missing due to a bug in kde's
buildsystem.

Andreas

--
Do what comes naturally.  Seethe and fume and throw a tantrum.