List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: CFS/ME New Year
From:       James Richard Tyrer <tyrerj () acm ! org>
Date:       2008-01-24 20:04:26

James Richard Tyrer wrote:
> I am involuntarily retired because of the illness.  I thought that I
> could, despite being ill, contribute some of my knowledge and experience
> to the KDE project.  But, it has become obvious that this is not possible.

I wrote the previous message on a bad day when I was quite depressed.
Those that have Googled for CFS/ME know that this is how the disease goes.

What I said was basically what I think, but I wanted to make sure that
everyone understood that I am retiring from contributing due to illness.
  I am not leaving because I am angry even though I am more than a bit
displeased about the corporate culture of the KDE project.

I will continue to use KDE and will do support and report bugs when I am
able.  If my health improves to the point that my "brain fog" improves
long term, I will again try to attempt to contribute to the KDE project.

Currently, I am simply not well enough to write code.  Those of you that
have tried to write code when they had the flu should understand what I
am talking about.

--
JRT