List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Is it possible to build only part of kde4?
From:       "Robert Knight" <robertknight () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-01-24 3:44:45

Hi,

> My question is, can I just build stuff under
> trunk/KDE/kdebase/workspace/plasma and install them? will that be
> compatiable with my debian packages?

Your Debian packages were likely built from KDE 4.0.  trunk/KDE is the
development branch leading up to KDE 4.1, which means that new
features may have been added to the kdelibs (trunk/KDE/kdelibs) or
support libraries (trunk/KDE/kdesupport) since your packages were
built which may be required to build other KDE applications.

Having said that, it is quite likely that applications in /trunk will
build against your Debian packages, since there will only be problems
if applications use features that were added after KDE 4.0.

Regards,
Robert.