List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Default Font
From:       "Robert Knight" <robertknight () gmail ! com>
Date:       2008-01-22 22:53:03

Hi Percy,

> Firts, what is the default font to kde4?

That will depend on your distribution.  "Serif" and "Sans Serif" are
not actual fonts, but they are 'requests' for a certain type of font
(with and without serifs respectively)  When you ask for "Sans Serif"
you will get a font that matches this criteria.  On Kubuntu for
example asking for "Sans Serif" will give you "Deja Vu Sans".  You can
find out what a particular name maps to by running "fc-match 'font
name'" in a terminal.

See:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serif

It is not an ideal situation.  I have seen at least a couple of
reviews with negative comments about fonts.  Looking at the
screenshots shows something very different from what I see, even
though presumably both of us are using the KDE defaults.

Regards,
Robert.