List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Terminal options
From:       Tony Bloomfield <tonyb.lx () btinternet ! com>
Date:       2008-01-21 10:46:08

On Monday 21 January 2008 09:36:57 kde-devel-request@kde.org wrote:
>> I guess I'm bashing my head against a brick wall here, since an hour or so
>> of searching indicates that this question has been asked, but never
>> answered (functionally) many times over the last few years. What are the
>> 'Terminal options' (in konq, right-click
>> icon/Properties/Application/Advanced)?

>Right click on "what"?
>What exactly are you referring to?

Sorry, I thought 'konq, right-click icon' was clear enough. Perhaps I should
have mentioned that this was a 'run app' icon.

>> Are they in fact options to konsole?

>Presumably this the case.  In KDE 3 you could try using the --geometry
>WIDTHxHEIGHT option.

This does in fact seem to be true. I don't see a --geometry option listed
in 'konsole --help', but the similar -vt_sz option does more or less what I
want, thanks.

I actually tried creating an independent konsole window, maximizing it, saving
that as a profile called 'maximized', and adding '--profile maximized' to my
Terminal Options. This caused a strange effect; when I ran it, what seemed to
be a large window flashed briefly on and off the screen, then a normal sized
konsole window opened. But it completely failed to run the associated script.
I guess there will have been an error message somewhere, but it wasn't
in /var/log/messages, or in .xsession-errors. Any ideas where else I might
look?

Incidentally, any reason there's no 'man konsole' (or is this just a distro
problem)?

--

Cheers,
TonyB