List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Cannot build KDE 4 trunk
From:       Ian Wadham <ianw2 () optusnet ! com ! au>
Date:       2008-01-08 11:36:40

On Tue, 8 Jan 2008 08:37 pm, Tom Albers wrote:
> Op dinsdag 8 januari 2008 10:25 schreef u:
> > kdesupport, kdelibs and kdepimlibs compile and build OK.
> > Anything else (kdebase or kdegames) compiles but fails to
> > build, with error messages that say this:
> >
> >    /kde-devel/install/4.1/kde/lib/libkio.so: undefined reference to
> >    `Strigi::AnalysisResult::AnalysisResult(std::basic_string<char,
> >    std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&, long,
> >    Strigi::IndexWriter&, Strigi::StreamAnalyzer&)'
> >    collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
>
> The same question was asked yesterday ;-)
>
> Delete the strigi/stream lib/headers from your distro if you are
> compiling/using kdesupport.

Oops, I must have missed it ... ;-)  I had head down and bum up
as usual, I suppose.

The source of the trouble in OpenSuSE 10.3 is that they have
some KDE 4 beta packages in there - like *all* the KDE Games ... :-)
I can remove the strigi-devel package ... and that seems to have
got my build going again ... but if I try to remove the strigi package
itself, YaST2 protests vigorously, because of all the packages that
depend on it, including kde4-kgoldrunner!

Now why on earth does a little old Apple II type game depend on
a modern desktop search engine?   I've heard of six degrees of
separation, but this is ridiculous surely ... :-)

All the best, Ian W.