List:       kde-devel
Subject:    How to use a different language
From:       Jason Harris <jharris () 30doradus ! org>
Date:       2007-12-22 6:01:19

Hello,

I would like to try to fix some of the i18n-related bugs in my app, so I want
to start it up using another language.  I have modified my local XMLGUI file
so that the "Switch Application Language..." item appears in the help menu.
I also installed the Italian translation files for KDE.

When the language switcher appears, "Italiano" is listed in the combo box.  I
select it and press Ok, but the strings are still in en_US, even after
restarting the app.  How can I get it to use the translated strings?

thanks,
Jason

PS- this is for KDE4.