List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Kcoloredit maintenance
From:       Nick Warne <nick () linicks ! net>
Date:       2007-12-23 17:49:05

Hi Artur,

On Sun, 23 Dec 2007 11:57:16 +0100
"Artur Rataj" <arturrataj@gmail.com> wrote:

> Dear Nick, I am the maintainter of Kcoloredit, but in fact I did not
> update the app for several years. As I do not have the time to update
> it any and my C++, never being good, is somewhat forgotten as I now
> use C/Java, I would like to step down from maintaining it. There was a
> developer discussing with me about a year ago, that said that he would
> want to become a new maintainer, but unfortunately I can not find the
> discussion on the internet and in my mail.

Ah, 'tis a shame.  Not perhaps a highly regarded application, but a
necessary one that I use a lot of times.  But I understand your
predictament (time!).

And I expect your C++ is BRILLIANT compared to mine ;-)

> The app has many bugs and a somewhat strange, outdated UI. The worst,
> never reported bug perhaps is that is deletes comments from the files,
> while it could easily make them additional "comment" entries.

Ummm.  Can you explain more on the bug re 'deletes comments'?  What
comments?

But anyway, Kcoloredit works OK as is.  It would be nice if a new
maintainer was found, though, as it really is an important part of a
KDE suite, I feel.

> Best regards,
> Artur

Best regards too, and have a great holiday and a Happy new year.

Nick
--
Free Software Foundation Associate Member 5508