List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Tagging Freeze for KDE 4.0.0
From:       Thomas Reitelbach <tr () erdfunkstelle ! de>
Date:       2008-01-04 16:23:03

Am Freitag, 4. Januar 2008 16:33:48 schrieb kde.braxton@gmail.com:
> On 1/4/08, Thomas Reitelbach <tr@erdfunkstelle.de> wrote:
> > Am Freitag, 4. Januar 2008 13:05:44 schrieb Albert Astals Cid:
> > > I completely disagree here, X-KDE-PluginInfo-Category is clearly
> > > defined
> >
> > as
> >
> > > translatable in ~/l10n-kde4/scripts/createdesktopcontext.pl so it's
> > > your problem asuming a field would not be translated when it is.
> >
> > No, Albert, it was me who added the field in this file above.
> > I did it with translation in mind because it was needed in a specific
> > place (plasmoid chooser), but I had no idea that it could cause any
> > problems.
>
> then KPluginInfo should use readEntryUntranslated instead of readEntry
> and it will ignore any translations.

If this is a possible solution, then someone should implement it after the
release (IMO). We (translators) need to be able to translate those category
names, or they should be ermoved from GUI at all :-)

But in any case I clearly understand that my translation fix had to be
reverted for the release. The "real" bug fix needs more testing before the
release, and we did not have time for it. Thus the only reasonable solution
was to revert it and accept a few untranslated strings in 4.0.0.

Cheers
Thomas