List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KMimeType bug or user error
From:       Pino Toscano <toscano.pino () tiscali ! it>
Date:       2007-12-30 10:59:33

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Alle domenica 30 dicembre 2007, David Boosalis ha scritto:
> I would like to get the icon associated with a mime type.  I am using
> KMimeType to try and do this.
> [...]

There's nothing wrong in your code, but keep in mind that KDE 4 is using the
standard freedesktop.org mimetypes, and the freedesktop.org naming scheme for
the icons.
This means that the icon for each mimetype is not specified as property in the
mimetype itself, but the it's the name itself of the mimetype to determine
the icon name. Eg:
  application/pdf -> application-pdf
  application/x-font-tex -> application-x-font-tex
that is, the name of the mimetype with the / turned into a -

--
Pino Toscano