List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Unexpected behaviors in KIO::FileJob async file access
From:       Vlad Codrea <vladc6 () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2007-12-24 0:27:22

--- Manolo Valdes <nolis71cu@gmail.com> wrote:
> yes Kget use Filejob in the multisegment Transfer Plugin
>
> and it works ok so far

Thanks, I missed KGet and KSystemLog when looking at the list. I'll
take a look at how they're using FileJob. Unfortunately, I just can't
figure out what's going on in KioFuse that causes the FileJob::data()
signal to be emitted only some of the time. Here are the instructions
for how to reproduce the problem if anyone would like to help me:

1) svn checkout
svn://anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde/trunk/playground/libs/kiofuse
2) cd kiofuse
3) cmake .
4) make

5) cp -r sample_directory /tmp
6) mkdir /tmp/kiofuse
7) ./kiofuse --mountpoint /tmp/kiofuse --URL /tmp/sample_directory

In another terminal, type:
8) cat /tmp/kiofuse/sample_text.txt

The first time you type line 8, it will probably work fine. The second
to tenth time you type it, it will freeze, with the last debug output
being from the method that calls FileJob::read() (kiofuseapp.cpp line
298). Typing line 8 in another terminal after the first terminal froze
will unfreeze the first terminal, but freeze the second.

I'm stumped!

Vlad