List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Unexpected behaviors in KIO::FileJob async file access
From:       Vlad Codrea <vladc6 () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2007-12-21 4:12:58

Hi,

I am trying to use KIO::FileJob for reading data in KioFuse, but
FileJob has the following unexpected behaviors:

1) Every once in a while, the FileJob::data() signal gets called twice
for each ::read(), the second time carrying an empty array.
2) Sometimes, the ::position() slot gets called twice for each
> > seek().
3) About every three ::read() requests, the ::data() signal is not
called at all.

I've created a Unit Test that triggers behaviors #1 and #2:

$ svn checkout
svn://anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde/trunk/playground/libs/kiofuse/tests
$ cmake .
$ make
$ ./testFileJob

Behavior #3 can be triggered by repeatedly reading the same file in
KioFuse (I can provide detailed instructions for how to reproduce
behavior #3 if needed).

Any ideas what is causing these behaviors and how to fix them?

Thanks for your help,
Vlad