List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Signal when finished editing qtreewidgetitem?
From:       Stephen Kelly <steveire () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-12-09 2:07:28

Hi,

I'm trying to make focus shift from a treewidget to a qtextedit when the
item text in the treeview is edited.

The signal itemChanged works for cases when the text is actually changed.
But if the text is left as original that signal is not emitted.

To reproduce on the attached example,
1: Click the selected item. The text is selected for editing.
2: Replace 'New Item' with 'foo'. The cursor and focus shifts to the
textedit.
3: Click the selected item. The text is selected for editing.
4: Press enter without replacing the text. Focus does not shift to the
textedit.

Is there another signal I'm overlooking or should I ask qt for a
editItemFinished signal to be added to qtreewidget? Can you think of a
workaround?

Regards,

Steve.

["treeselectitemtestcase.tar.gz" (application/x-gzip)]