List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: libmapi and talloc
From:       Brad Hards <bradh () frogmouth ! net>
Date:       2007-12-07 6:53:25

On Friday 07 December 2007 10:40:50 am Nathan Aubrey wrote:
> On Thursday 06 December 2007 16:35:37 Allen Winter wrote:
> > On Thursday 06 December 2007 17:13:59 Nathan Aubrey wrote:
> > > I am trying to build libmapi for kdepim and it wants talloc ?
> > > I cannot find this anywhere, except a svn version that does not
> > > compile. Any hints?
You have to find matching versions of libmapi and samba4 (even if you get
talloc separately, you'll need other parts of the samba4 libs). You can't do
it with samba3 talloc.

I don't think the MAPI resource will build against the most recent versions of
libmapi either - I have let it bit-rot due to lack of time.

> > I tried building libmapi a while back myself and I ended up with a long
> > list of dependencies that needed to be built.  I did find talloc at
> > talloc.samba.org.
> >
> > What I am really saying is.. don't bother unless you are really, really
> > motivated and feel like helping to develop this experiment resource.
> >
> > I should probably comment out the openChange Akonadi resource for the
> > 4.0.0 release.
>
> I appreciate that, I was not interested in moving to samba4 yet, either. I
> will wait to compile this module until the svn updates with your commenting
> out... Or is there something I can do instead?
As Allen pointed out, the configure checks are meant to deal with not having
libmapi. You can comment it out if you like, but that should never be
required.

Brad