List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: naming custom action icons
From:       James Richard Tyrer <tyrerj () acm ! org>
Date:       2007-11-27 3:08:49

Jason Harris wrote:
> Hello,
>
> In KStars, I have a number of PNG files which specify icons for
> KStars-specific actions.  They have names
> like: "hi22-action-kstars_cbound.png".  I'm wondering if the "hi" prefix is
> deprecated; should I change them to "ox" instead, or is it ok to leave them
> as "hi"?  (some of my actions even have a "cr" prefix; is that also okay?)

IIUC, you should use the "hi" prefix for all of them since that is the
fallback icon theme and this should guarantee that they are always found
in the future -- at least that is what I would do.  However, you can
also add additional icons for other themes (e.g. "cr" or "ox").  OTOH,
since Oxygen is the current default theme for KDE4, you could also use
the "ox" prefix.  I would not recommend using the "cr" prefix unless it
actually is a Crystal style icon and you also have a "hi" and/or "ox" icon.

--
JRT