List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: feedback; bug reports
From:       James Richard Tyrer <tyrerj () acm ! org>
Date:       2007-11-16 8:19:48

David Jarvie wrote:
> On Thursday 15 November 2007 1:22, James Richard Tyrer wrote:
>> David Faure wrote:
>>> If that's all you got from my postings then my time is indeed better
>>> spent doing something else.
>>>
>> No that isn't all I got from your posting.  However, your dismissive and
>> personal comments tend to overshadow what ever else you said.
>
> What you don't seem to get is that when you come up with bald statements
> like "this is poor design", other people find _your_ comments dismissive
> and offensive. The people you are addressing are not machines - they have
> sensitivities (whether you like it or not), and in your communication you
> should bear that in mind. You may find it acceptable to write comments in
> such a tone; many other people do not.

I can use more words.  I can say: I was taught in engineering school
that this was a poor programing design practice.

But the truth is the same and the problem in this case is that DF
misunderstood what I meant.

I think that this is what I need to consider and to write a short
paragraph next time explaining in detail exactly what the poor design
practice is and how it could be done better to conform with best
programing practices so that what I say will not be misunderstood.

--
JRT