List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: feedback; bug reports
From:       "David Jarvie" <djarvie () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-11-15 10:51:29

On Thursday 15 November 2007 1:22, James Richard Tyrer wrote:
> David Faure wrote:
>> On Wednesday 14 November 2007, James Richard Tyrer wrote:
>>> Yes, I should be greatfull that dfaure took the time to make
>>> dismissive and personal comments about my suggestions.
>> If that's all you got from my postings then my time is indeed better
>> spent doing something else.
>>
> No that isn't all I got from your posting.  However, your dismissive and
> personal comments tend to overshadow what ever else you said.

What you don't seem to get is that when you come up with bald statements
like "this is poor design", other people find _your_ comments dismissive
and offensive. The people you are addressing are not machines - they have
sensitivities (whether you like it or not), and in your communication you
should bear that in mind. You may find it acceptable to write comments in
such a tone; many other people do not.

--
David Jarvie.
KAlarm author & maintainer.