Kevin Krammer wrote: > On Wednesday 31 October 2007, James Richard Tyrer wrote: > >> But now I have somehow mangled the sound configuration in my user >> account. I created a new user account to test it and it works >> perfectly. I temporarily removed: "$HOME/.kde/share/config/" and it >> made no difference. >> >> Very odd symptom is the if I open the Sound System KCM and click the: >> "Test Sound" button, it hangs. No test sound is played and the button >> stays down -- I have to kill the window. >> >> Any suggestions will be appreciated. > > Try removing the directory ~/.mcop Thanks for the suggestion, but it didn't fix the problem. After some time spent on trial and error, I traced the problem to: $HOME/.kde/socket-localhost Deleting this directory fixes the problem after two restarts of the X session. I have a theory as to what is happening, but need to do more work on it. It appears that trying to view a video with NoAtun or Kaboodle (which fails to work) is doing something to this directory. -- JRT >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<