List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KIO::listDir() freezes in multi-threaded KioFuse due to timer
From:       Vlad Codrea <vladc6 () yahoo ! com>
Date:       2007-10-29 2:34:49

--- Thiago Macieira <thiago@kde.org> wrote:
> Vlad Codrea wrote:
> >KioFuse freezes and gives the following warning when Fuse is
> allowed
> >to create a separate thread for every filesystem operation. The
> first
> >readdir() attempt succeeds, but the freeze and warning appear
> >consistently on the second readdir() attempt:
>
> Solution: use KIO from the GUI thread only.

I've taken your advice and created the ListJob instance in the main
thread, specifically in the slot KioFuseApp::listJobMainThread(). I
verified that the instance of KioFuseApp belongs to the main thread by
running:

kDebug()<<"this->thread()"<<this->thread()<<endl;

Strangely though, the ListJob instance that is created in the slot
KioFuseApp::listJobMainThread() belongs to the FUSE thread! Again, I
verified this by running:

kDebug()<<"listJob->thread()"<<listJob->thread()<<endl;

Could this be because I'm connecting from the FUSE thread to the slot
KioFuseApp::listJobMainThread() using Qt::DirectConnection? I tried
using Qt::QueuedConnection but the slot never seems to get executed.

Thank you very much for your help,
Vlad