List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: killing KApplication
From:       Lubos Lunak <l.lunak () suse ! cz>
Date:       2007-10-21 17:08:05

On ne 21. října 2007, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Sunday 21 October 2007, Дмитрий Барышев wrote:
> > Hi. How can I determing that application was closed by user or killed by
> > logout process ?

 Not easily. The die message from the session manager is translated by Qt to a
normal quit. You'd have to specially handle all the user cases or write your
own libSM code to handle the die message differently.

 However, you shouldn't need this anyway, it sounds like you're just trying to
come up with a hack for something. What is it you're actually trying to do?

> bool KApplication::sessionSaving();
>
> the saveState() and commitDataRequested() methods in QApplication may also
> be of interest.

 That's unrelated. Session save usually takes place right before logging out,
but those two are separate things.

--
Lubos Lunak
KDE developer