List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Problem building kdebase/workspace/kcontrol/kxkb
From:       "Andriy Rysin" <arysin () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-10-20 18:11:06

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

2007/10/20, Brad Hards <bradh@frogmouth.net>:

> On Saturday 20 October 2007 08:55:04 pm Ilya Konstantinov wrote:
> > > would be better to try to selectively #ifdef out part of the
> > > functionality, or whether there is some alternative header,
> > > or whether we shouldn't try to compile this module.
> >
> > On my Debian system, /usr/include/X11/extensions/XKBfile.h resides in
> the
> > libxkbfile-dev. package Instead of selectively #ifdef-ing code, you
> should
> > instead try to locate which package in your distro provides it.
> My (fedora) system has a slightly different name.
>
> That isn't the point though. Shouldn't the configure checks verify whether
> the
> right dependencies are available, and do something to avoid breaking at
> compile time (e.g. alternative code path, or at least some notification)?

Yes, I will add a check for XKBfile and will disable kxkb altogether if
neither libxklavier nor XKBfile is present. Though there's a chance that (in
near future) if you don't have libxklavier it won't build kxkb at all as
code relying on xkbfile is quite old and is not really maintained properly.

Thanks for the report,
Andriy