List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: ksmserver on OSX (X11)
From:       "Aaron J. Seigo" <aseigo () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-10-18 23:07:47

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Tuesday 16 October 2007, Benjamin Reed wrote:
> I got my desktop to come up, although there are a number of rendering
> issues which I'm not sure are because of my hacked up qt4-x11, or
> apple's crappy X server.  ;)

assuming by "desktop" you mean "plasma", it is completely unsupported on the
Mac and Windows platforms. if it works, it's coincidence. there is no
guarantee of this today nor will there be in the future; Mac and Win have
desktops (among other workspace things) already and this allows us free hand
to work with the target platform (X11 + Linux/UNIX) as closely as we wish to.

so i'd recommend not wasting too much time on it.

--
Aaron J. Seigo
humru othro a kohnu se