List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: ktempfile
From:       "Jaison Lee" <lee.jaison () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-10-18 14:00:21

On 10/17/07, Roy Qu <royqh1979@gmail.com> wrote:
> 2007/10/18, Jaison Lee <lee.jaison@gmail.com>:
> > Like I mentioned earlier, I would caution against assuming that
> > everyone using KDE has a steady reliable source of municipal power.
>
>    Sure.But:
> 1. should we pay *ALL* user's performance for a few user's  data stability?

Certainly not. But the ideal scenario is to be safe AND fast. Nothing
in this thread leads me to believe that this is impossible. The focus
has been on just removing the safety.

> 3.I think use kconfig for user habit statistical data like visit history is
> totally wrong.

I agree. It was probably just used because it was easy and readily
available. However I don't think anyone has posted a patch that
corrects this yet. (I may have missed it.)