List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: ktempfile
From:       "Jaison Lee" <lee.jaison () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-10-17 19:25:28

>  Still, this seems a bit too much for something that has happened to me
> perhaps like once this year (=power outage, not data loss).

Like I mentioned earlier, I would caution against assuming that
everyone using KDE has a steady reliable source of municipal power.

> Maybe if we first
> linked the old file contents to some backup file, then they should be kept
> for possible restore if things go wrong (KConfig could even do this
> automatically somehow).

I was thinking of something like this myself but I wasn't able to put
a good working system together in my head at this time. It is very
likely that KAutoSaveFile may be useful here. If a system could be
made to do this it would definitely be the best of both worlds.