oh, this issue is being discussed here, for example: https://launchpad.net/ubuntu/+bug/37435 On Wed, Oct 17, 2007 at 07:34:30PM +0200, Oswald Buddenhagen wrote: > what we really need is a guarantee that the data does not lag behind the > metadata, but no guarantee that something has actually been written in > the first place. i'm not aware of such an api - anyone? > we could emulate it, though: spawn a thread that f[data]sync()s and renames afterwards. getting this to work isn't going to be trivial, though ... -- Hi! I'm a .signature virus! Copy me into your ~/.signature, please! -- Chaos, panic, and disorder - my work here is done. >> Visit http://mail.kde.org/mailman/listinfo/kde-devel#unsub to unsubscribe <<