List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: ktempfile
From:       Oswald Buddenhagen <ossi () kde ! org>
Date:       2007-10-17 17:34:30

On Wed, Oct 17, 2007 at 07:21:40PM +0200, Thiago Macieira wrote:
> So, then, I wonder why we are doing sync() at all. Is it because of the
> rename?

actually, we don't. KTempFile::sync() does exactly the right thing:
fdatasync() if available, fsync() otherwise.

what we really need is a guarantee that the data does not lag behind the
metadata, but no guarantee that something has actually been written in
the first place. i'm not aware of such an api - anyone?