List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: ktempfile
From:       "Jaison Lee" <lee.jaison () gmail ! com>
Date:       2007-10-17 13:53:51

> > I know I can't send a patch, so I maybe should shut up - but it also
> > feels to me you don't think it's a problem. And I don't really get
> > that.

There is obviously an issue here, it's just that the actual problem is
a lot more complicated than the symptom would lead you to believe. The
original patch treats the symptom as if it were an easy fix, but in
actually it is much more dificult to take care of things without
risking data integrity.

> I agree, but the options on the table are:
> 1) make KConfig not sync ever
> 2) add an option to tell KConfig not to sync in some cases
> 3) make Konqueror not use KConfig
> 4) make KConfig tell the kernel which file to sync

I think option 2 would be the most versatile and least controversial,
and probably pretty easy to add. (Unfortunately, I'm not
volunteering.) Personally, I would not have a problem with option 1,
but then again I can afford to buy a UPS for my computer.